Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightens and evens skin tone
- Lifts hyperpigmentation
- Softens scars
- Unclogs pores and regulates acne
- Firms and lifts skin
- Strengthens barrier function (improves your skin’s ability to fight infections and illnesses)
Science Behind Chemical Peels:
- Stimulates an immune response in your skin to create healthier and stronger skin.
- Stimulates growth and health of collagen to give more underlying support, which in turn reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Penetrates to loosen and remove the top layers of dead skin cells, which allows deeper penetration of products to achieve even better results.
When should you get a Chemical Peel?
- When you are trying to treat any specific problem with your skin. Recommended every 2-3 weeks until the issue is resolved or at least controlled.
- At least twice per year for maintenance. Usually recommended in Fall and Spring, between times in the sun.
What to expect:
- Your skincare specialist will customize the chemical peel specific to your concerns.
- You may experience heat, erythema, and tingling during the peel and tightness afterwards.
- You will NEED to wear sunscreen and protect your skin from the sun for 2 weeks.
- Follow the post-treatment instructions and feed your skin with nourishment prescribed by your skincare specialist.
- You may or may not experience flaking and/or peeling by the 3rd day or so and it may continue up to the 8th day. Do NOT pick or “help” peel it. It is working whether or not you actually peel.
Who should NOT get a chemical peel?
- Anyone who has been on Accutane in the previous 6 months.
- Pregnant or lactating women should limit their peel to a Lactic Acid.
- Anyone with Heart problems. (Unless you get a doctor’s note giving permission)
- Anyone on prescription Retinoic Acid (Retin-A) products in past four weeks.
- Anyone who has had plastic surgery in the area in last 3-6 months.
- Anyone with sun allergies.
- Recently waxed or sunburned areas.
- Anyone recently treated by radiation for cancer.
- Anyone who has had Botox or Fillers in past two weeks.
*Be sure to discuss with your skincare specialist any allergies you have prior to a peel*